Offerings | Activities | Information
Continuing Professional Development
APPLICATIONS FOR PREAPPROVAL OF CPD ACTIVIES
- SPONSOR Application for CPD Approval
- LICENSEE Application for CPD PreApproval: Licensees, please review the following prior to submitting:
- This application is not required for activities obtained prior to July 1, 2023.
- Certain activities are considered automatically approved and do not require this preapproval process. These are activities that meet all of the following requirements of the Louisiana Administrative Code, Title46, Part LXIII (LAC 46:LXIII)*:
- meet the objectives under Section 801.A.;
- have an acceptable sponsor under Section 805.C.; and
- be a live or virtual prerecorded activity, Section 805.D.
- Preapproval of CPD shall only be considered for approval if it is received PRIOR to the applicant attending the activity/training effective January 1, 2024. The Board has approved a one-time transition period through December 31, 2023 to enable the review of Licensee Applications for CPD Preapproval that was completed subsequent to the activity/training. After December 31, 2023, applications that are received after the activity is completed will not be considered. No refund will be provided.
BOARD APPROVED CPD OFFERINGS:
TITLE: Impact of Poverty on Psychological Wellness & Practice EXPERT SPEAKER: Rosie Phillips Davis, PhD, ABPP CREDIT: 2 HOURS MULTICULTURALISM/DIVERSITY SPONSOR: Louisiana State Board of Examiners of Psychologists REGISTRATION REQUIRED: CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
TITLE: From Fried to Refueled (Balancing Purpose and Passion for Mental Health Providers) PRESENTERS: Dr. Regina Vanburg (Psychologist-Texas) and Ashley Stephens, (LCSW-Texas) DATE/TIME: December 12, 2023, 8:00 am – 12:30 pm December 13, 2023, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm December 14, 2023, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm CREDIT: 10 CEU Hours (3-day Retreat) SPONSOR: The Crane & The Bull REGISTRATION REQUIRED: www.TheCraneandTheBull.com
TITLE: The Treatment of Veterans and Military Members as it Relates to Mental Health Diagnoses, Ethics and PTSD PRESENTERS: Robyn Sonnier, LPC-S, LCMHC, NCCC,CCTP-II, CMCC and Kelley Pears, Ph.D. DATE/TIME: October 27, 2023 10:00 am – 2:00 pm CREDIT: 3.5 CEU Hours SPONSOR: Longbranch Healthcare REGISTRATION REQUIRED: To be announced
TITLE: Beck Institute Workshop (CBT Model for Short-Term Treatment) PRESENTERS: Donna Sudak, MD, Beck Institute DATE/TIME: September 15, 2023, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm CREDIT: 6 CEU Hours SPONSOR: Ochsner Health REGISTRATION REQUIRED: To be announced
PART 1: New Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Standards and License Renewals [4/21/2023] PART 2: Rule Changes related to Supervision in Louisiana [4/21/2023] Coming Soon: PART 3: Registration and Supervision of Assistants to Psychologists REGISTRATION REQUIRED: IF YOU ARE ENROLLED IN CANVAS, YOU MAY ACCESS THIS COURSE AT: https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/XEW4EX OR REGISTER IF YOU ARE NOT ALREADY A CANVAS USER AT: https://canvas.instructure.com/register and use the following join code: XEW4EX
TITLE: Immigration Evaluations: Ethical and Cultural Considerations. EXPERT SPEAKER: Cynthia de las Fuentes, Ph.D., Prerecorded on 12/2/2022 SPONSOR: Louisiana State Board of Examiners of Psychologists CREDIT: 2 hours Multicultural/Ethics REGISTRATION REQUIRED:CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
TITLE: Multicultural and Ethical Issues in Psychology: The example of neuropsychological assessment of Spanish EXPERT SPEAKER: Antonio E. Puente, Ph.D. CREDIT: 2 HOURS ETHICS SPONSOR: Louisiana State Board of Examiners of Psychologists [PRERECORDED 12/10/2021] REGISTRATION REQUIRED: CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND REGISTRATION